It's hot out, y'all. If you are sick of forking at a salad, try this oh so smooth...grain-free and dairy-free Chilled Cucumber, Avocado & Cilantro Soup. Top with some bacon, onion and mango as you please. This takes all of five minutes to prepare in a blender. (Optional bacon and onion topping may add few more minutes on stovetop.)
INGREDIENTS FOR SOUP:
- Two large cucumbers
- The flesh of two ripe avocados
- Half a cup of cilantro
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one lime
- One clove of garlic (or just cheat with a couple of dashes of garlic powder)
- Cayenne pepper to taste (some like it hot)
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
- Half a cup of sautéed red onion
- Half a cup of finely chopped mango
- Third of a cup of cilantro
- Crispy bacon (two crumbled strips per bowl, or as much as you please)
In a blender, add cucumbers a few slices at a time until all blended. Then add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. If you need to serve ASAP, cheat my adding a couple of cubes of ice. I suggest cooling in the refrigerator.
In a pan, fry that bacon. Set aside and cool. Use a little of the bacon grease to sauté your chopped onions.
Crumble bacon in a bowl and mix in onions, cilantro and mango. After you have pored soup into bowls, garnish with this delicious mixture. (You just can't go wrong with bacon.)
(SERVES 4 small bowls or two large bowls. APPROX. 450 CALORIES FOR BIG BOWL WITH BACON.)
Recipe by Ms. Cole Hernandez.
Be a friend, share this recipe with people you love.